NEW ST. NICHOLAS ACADEMY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION POLICY: Effective immediately, coaches are responsible for the timely return of uniforms to the sports coordinator with a complete list of the players and uniforms returned. The coordinator is responsible for providing a time and location in advance to coaches, giving the coach ample time to collect uniforms. Any player not returning a uniform cannot participate in the succeeding SNA sport until the uniform is returned. That player will be registered with SNA, will be placed on the roster, and can participate in tryouts. However, once the SNAAA President is notified that the player's uniform has not been returned, the player cannot participate in any practice or game until the President is notified that the uniform has been returned.
View/Download 2013 SNAAA Bylaws
Code of Conduct
The St. Nicholas Academy Athletic Association's (SNAAA) goal is to give all participants of our parish the opportunity to participate in sports programs. SNAAA provides the leadership, funding and guidance to enable particpants to have the opportunity for continued growth and development as athletes and individuals.
- Be a role model to our participants in showing respect for all referees, coaches, players and parents of both teams.
- Stress fun, enjoyment, teamwork and sportsmanship over winning.
- Understand that any parent or player ejected from a game is automatically suspended for the next game of that season.
- If you have any concerns throughout the year, let the coach and SNAAA know immediately.
- Understand that SNAAA welcomes and requests your input, early and often.
- Attend practices and games. Let your coach know if you will be unable to attend.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and positive behavior at all times.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Respect your coaches, fellow players, opposing players, referees, equipment and uniform.
- Playing time may be adjusted by the coach to encourage attendance and cooperation at practice. However, participants on 7th or 8th grade teams in a competitive league will not be guaranteed equal playing time.
- Make the sport fun and give all participants as equal playing time as possible on a season-long basis in league games for participating in recreational leagues, i.e. all 6th grade and younger teams. In a tournament game for recreational teams, each participant must play a continuous one-fourth of the game at a minimum.
- Participants on 7th or 8th grade teams in a competitive league will not be guaranteed equal playing time.
- Be a positive role model stressing good sportsmanship and teamwork over winning.
- Teach good fundamentals and work with all participants to help them develop.
- Treat all participants with care and respect, and help them learn from mistakes in a positive way.
- No participants shall play in any competition until the SNA Code of Conduct is completely executed. It is the coaches' responsibility to be certain this occurs.
- If you have any problems with participants, parents, or other teams, let SNAAA know.